Name: Drummoyne Reservoir
Location: Sydney Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
The Drummoyne Reservoir (WS0038) is one of a group of four elevated steel water supply service reservoirs built between 1910 and 1915 as part of the Sydney metropolitan water supply system. It served as a storage and balance reservoir for Drummoyne from 1913 to c.1965 and was formally disconnected from the system in 1994. As it stands today, the reservoir building and its original use are now obsolete.
This Conservation Management Plan (CMP) was prepared to provide guidelines for the future conservation, adaptation and new use of the building. It was an upgrade of the previous endorsed CMP, Drummoyne Reservoir WS0038, prepared by Sydney Water in June 2005. It builds on the previous CMP by giving a detailed study of the place itself and its setting, a revised analysis of the significance of the building, including its site features and urban setting, and wider policies for adaptation and reuse of the now redundant reservoir.
Photograph reproduced from Sydney Water Corporation’s Official Handbook, 1913